Purple Damask

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Who was it that said Saturday's are relaxing??

If you bought that story, you should demand your money back!  I have not had a moment of rest all day.  The prospect of getting any later isn't looking so good either. 

My issue of the day, so far, is Sam's Club.  They advertised Huggies on their site for $0.01 and that was to be available for in-store pick-up at my local club location.  I jumped on that and ordered 6 packs.  Who wouldn't?  So, I called the club to see if they could have them ready today instead of tomorrow, and the manager said that he refused to sell them to me even though he had them in stock.  He said he was sending them back because they were recalled.  (False)  I told him that he can't refuse to sell the item to me if he has it in stock and he still refuses.  I have my order confirmation and instructions to pick up the item, and he said he's not honoring it.  So, I called the customer satisfaction line and I have to wait until I get a call back from "corporate" about it.  They won't substitute anything for the same price either.  They said I am welcome to pay full price.  Well, in this state, advertising something on sale, refusing to sell it for that price and pushing a customer to by a higher priced item is considered a violation of the Unfair Business Practices Act.  So, they need to honor it.  We'll see though.

I know I shouldn't spend the money, but I am going to get my nails done tomorrow, I hope.  It's entirely likely that something will happen and I won't be able to.  I haven't done anything that could be considering "pampering" for myself since before my daughter was born.  It's 20 bucks.  I think I should be able to spend that much on myself, right? They'll try to upsell me into a bunch of junk too, though.


One day, when I'm making steady money again (soon please!) I can get a pedicure too!  :-)  The problem with that is... I giggle like an idiot because my feet are ticklish.  

Update:  I just heard back from a different manager at Sam's.  She said to come pick up one pack of diapers at the penny price, and she'd let me know Monday about the rest.  We went up there, and she said they no longer had them in inventory.  But, since she knew we were on the way, she gave us a 200 pack of Huggies for free.  Just because of the trouble.  If I had a comment card, I'd give her high marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment