Purple Damask

Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally, a little bit of good news!

I mentioned a potential job the other day.  Well, I got it.  I spoke to her today and she said that I could start Wednesday after class and she would give me full time hours.  I'm not sure how long this will last, because I'm being hired for a specific project.  But... I'm thinking if I can work there for a bit, save some money for my test and license, as well as make a good enough impression that if I need a reference, I have one... that's a successful project for me.  So, I'm going to be doing that.  I'm happy about it because it will take some of the financial choke-hold off of me and I won't be so dependent on Paul either.  He does a lot to help me, but he's not in the best shape financially right now either. 

I have big plans for this weekend and I can't wait.  It's actually something I've been looking forward to for about 6 weeks now, but I can't say what it is just yet.  I wish finances were a little better right now, so we could go all out, but I think we will still have so much fun.

Thank you guys for reading my stuff!  I know my life is pretty mundane, but it's still my life!

Also, I'm getting used to typing with nailsagain.  For so long they've been chopped down to nubs for school.  I kind of regret getting them done because the day after, I got financially crappy news, but I got good news today on that front, so it's not terrible. 

Good-night!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - there isn't anything wrong with splurging a tiny bit here and there. In the grand scheme, if getting your nails done makes you happier, then so be it!
    Of course, I'm saying this because I want to get my nails done and I'm trying to justify the price. :)

    ReplyDelete