Purple Damask

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This is the obligatory intro post.

A friend of mine was considering starting a blog.  I said I would if she would.  She did, so here I am. I've made blogs in the past, and I never kept up with them.  So, we'll see how this goes.

So, some things about me:
-I'm Marie.  Some people call me Emjay.  I'm 30-something, and I have 3 kids.  My youngest just turned 1-year-old.   My oldest is almost 18 years old.  Somewhere in there, I have a 12-year-old.
-I just finished school to be an LPN, and am anxious to get my license.
-Paul is the love of my life, and the person that makes me crazy, sad, happy, angry.
-I have a website.  It's a really good website, and it's full of really awesome people.
-I'm really short.  5'0"
-I have a major intolerance for incompetence and stupidity, and I can't stand when people don't do their job, especially if someone else pays the price for that stupidity.
-I don't drink or do drugs.  No reason other than I really don't like the taste of alcohol.   If I DO drink, it's very rare.
-I speak my mind, and it's a detriment at times.
-I'm 100% Italian, and I was born in New York.  
-My favorite color is purple.
-Favorite food is Italian.
-I'm really good at medical stuff.  I'm really bad at most math.
-I had breast cancer when I was 32.  I had a lumpectomy and 6-weeks of radiation.   I'm about to hit my 5-year-mark, which is a big statistical achievement. 
-I spell really well, so you won't lose brain cells reading my posts.
-I type how I talk, so expect anything I post to take on a conversational tone.
-I love to read, and got a Kindle this Christmas, and am now enjoying having the time to read again.

I guess that's it.  That's way too much anyway.  Mostly, anyone that is reading this already knew all this about me, but I had to get the first one out of the way.  I figure if nothing else, I will bore people to sleep and help kick the nation's addiction to sleeping pills!  :-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you started a blog, I've found it to be therapeutic to write everything down and hope you find the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete